Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Dentist Monday and Another Shortage

 Monday, I got up washed my hair, bathed, and we left with my scrambled eggs and milk. Thankfully, the weather was nice, not rainy. 

We stopped at PO and got Tommy a burger from BK. Then, we went to my dentist. The dental tech cleaned my teeth. I had flossed and brushed after the eggs and after the burger I suddenly wanted. Stress made me eat it. 

After xrays, the dentist told me I had no cavities. I just could not process what he said since I had only two hours of sleep. I sat with my mouth agape. Finally, I could speak, "Then, why does my tooth hurt." He said I probably had a cracked tooth underneath the huge filling. 

When I mentioned heart disease and needing stents, he put both hands up and said he would do nothing until I had stents.  "I don't want to give you anesthesia and get things stirred up." That is exactly why I mentioned the stents. 

So, that was that. 

We went to PO and he went in since I was staggering from lack of sleep. I went into two grocery stores, got Kraft Parmesan Cheese in the green shaker bottle, and peanuts for Tommy, both were bogo or two for. I don't remember which. At the other store, I found they had Argo canned peaches, a brand I thought was not going to be in this area anymore. Argo is the best canned peaches I have ever tasted. They are not pretty, but once you eat them, you will never eat another brand of canned peach. These will be good next winter. Oh, I bought large eggs for $2.99/dozen. 

Ground beef was $2.78/lb only in family packs. It appeared there were at least 10 lbs on the Styrofoam tray. I did not need any and had no place to store it, so did not even consider it. 

Have you tried to buy a yardstick?

We went to a local hardware store and Lowe's. Neither had a yardstick because they cannot get them! Can you believe it? All I wanted was a stick of wood. Has anyone else found a shortage of yardsticks? In my house, I lost a 40-yr-old yardstick, one that was 90-years-old, and another that was about 50-years-old. Yardsticks were always free, but now I cannot buy one for love nor money. What is the world coming to? Yes, I ended the sentence with a preposition! 

At Lowe's I found a yellow zinnia, originally $19.95, marked to $5. Yes, it is mine. Best of all, it is in a pot with a hanger. So, I brought it home and trimmed the deadwood and dead leaves, gave it a sip of Miracle Gro and expect that at the end of Tuesday, it will be transformed. I gave it a little sweet-talk, too. I truly think plants like us to talk to them. Do you?

Have you found there is a shortage of yardsticks?


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar