Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Elie Saab "Le Parfum": Toni Garrn by Mario Sorrenti

Behind the scenes

Last time I wrote about a perfume, it was about Miu Miu's first fragance. I did it mainly because of the great marketing behind the product. Today, I have different reasons.

Toni herself is the main reason. She's one of my favourites, therefore it's easy for me to stay updated on what she's doing. 
I want to use this post to explain something to you now. If you follow models, photographers or brands on social media, you may get information about what they're shooting. When it comes to a campaign or an editorial, we usually have to wait 2/3 months to see the final pictures. However, when it comes to perfumes or some make-up/hair adverts, we may have to wait 7/8 months. The production behind them is huge, and it takes longer. So, if you see your favourite model shooting for CK, for example, but nothing is released 4 months later, there are two options:
  1. The ad was cancelled and reshot with a different model.
  2. It's not the mainline, but a perfume.
That how the fashion world works, my friends. And that's what happened with this ad. It was reported that Toni was shooting a campaign for Elie Saab, and most of us assumed that the brand was doing campaigns again. Meh!! Wrong, because it was for a perfume.

Toni has been the face of other perfumes in the past. I can only think of the Versace one now, but I'm pretty sure there's been more. And, you know, I'm writing while on a plane, so I can't really check that. But I will when I get back home. That info will be at the end of the post.
Since this post will go up 5 days after this flight, I didn't even have to tell you this. But I still have one hour until landing in London and I'm getting a bit delusional. 
So yeah, back to Toni. It's no wonder why she's been the face of perfumes and make-up brands. Her beauty is quite classic, but obvious at the same time. You can say that you don't like her as a model, but it's hard to deny she's gorgeous. 

So, what could go wrong? Everything, apparently. As I said, lots of people work on this kind of campaign, which means a lot of money is spent. Why bother doing a new ad that looks exactly like the original one. I mean, look at Anja's ad and try to find the 7 differences. Quite silly, to be honest.
However, the perfume is lovely. I contacted the people from Elie Saab, because something about this campaign confused me. Some people said it was a new perfume, others said it was the old one...and I can't talk to you guys about something without giving you the right info. I love you that much ;)
So, I sent them an e-mail and 5 minutes later I had the answer. On the e-mail, they told me that Toni was the new face of "Le parfum", the original perfume. They were also kind enough to send me this lovely sample. 
I'm a perfume freak and I know how 95% of the perfumes on the market smell, but I never tried this one. How did that happen? I don't know.
But now I can tell you this scent is amazing. Very elegant but appropiate for many ages. I'm obsessed.


La última vez que escribí sobre un perfume fue sobre el de Miu Miu. Lo hice básicamente porque el marketing que rodeaba ese producto era abrumador. Hoy tengo diferentes motivos.

Toni es el motivo principal. Es una de mis favoritas, así que estoy al día de sus trabajos.
Y quiero usar esta entrada para explicar algo. Si seguís a modelos, fotógrafos o marcas en las redes sociales, podréis conseguir información sobre lo que hacen. Cuando se trata de una campaña o un editorial, solemos tener que esperar de 2 a 3 meses para ver el resultado. Sin embargo, cuando se trata de un perfume o alguna campaña de maquillaje/productos para el pelo, puede que tengamos que esperar de 7 a 8 meses. La producción que se lleva a cabo es increíble, y lleva más tiempo. Así que si véis a vuestra modelo favorita trabajando para CK, por ejemplo, y no veis nada publicado a los 4 meses de hacerse esa foto, hay dos opciones:
  1. La campaña ha sido cancelada y se ha vuelto a realizar pero con otra modelo.
  2. No era la campaña principal, sino un perfume.
Así es como funciona el mundo de la moda, queridos. Y eso es lo que pasó con esta campaña. Se dijo que Toni estaba trabajando con Elie Saab, y muchos asumimos que la marca volvía a hacer campañas. ¡Meh! Error, porque era para un perfume.

Toni ha sido imagen de otros perfumes en el pasado. Pero ahora mismo solo recuerdo la campaña para Versace. Estoy escribiendo esto desde el avión, así que no puedo confirmar esos datos. Lo haré cuando llegue a casa y os lo pondré al final de la entrada.
Esta entrada la publico 5 días después de volar, así que es algo innecesario contaros esto. Pero aún me queda una hora para aterrizar en Londres y me estoy volviendo loca de aburrimiento.
Volvamos a Toni. No sorprende a nadie que la elijan para campañas de perfumes o maquillaje. Su belleza es clásica y obvia. Podéis decir que no os gusta como modelo, pero es difícil negar lo guapa que es.

Así que, ¿qué puede salir mal? Pues todo, al parecer. Ya os he dicho que en este tipo de campañas trabaja mucha gente, lo que significa que se mueve mucho dinero. ¿Para qué hacer un anuncio nuevo que es igual que el anterior? Mirad las fotos de Anja e intentad encontrar las 7 diferentes. No tiene sentido, la verdad.
Sin embargo, el perfume me encanta. Me puse en contacto con la gente de Elie Saab, porque había algo en esta campaña que me tenía confundida. Había gente que decía que estas fotos eran para publicitar un perfume nuevo, otros que seguía siendo el mismo perfume, ...y no puedo hablar de algo sin tener los datos correctos. Que bien os cuido ;)
Así que mandé el mail y 5 minutos más tarde tenía una respuesta. En ese mail me decían que Toni es la nueva imagen de "Le Parfum", el perfume original. También fueron adorables y me mandaron esta muestra.
Soy la loca de los perfumes y se como huelen el 95% de los perfumes que hay a la venta. Pero nunca había probado este. Estoy perdiendo facultades.
Pero ahora os puedo decir que esta fragancia es maravillosa. Muy elegante, pero apropiada para un amplio rango de edades. Me tiene obsesionada.



  * Perfume campaigns Toni has done:

-Versace, Versense. 
-Cartier, Baiser Volé.
-Prada, L'eau ambrée.
-Jil Sander, Simply.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar